~ Privacy Policies ~
the Midwife Method Privacy Policies - please read carefully
Effective date February 13th, 2022
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site. We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Site and programs associated with it. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
What is considered Personal Information or Data?
Personal information refers to information such as your name, address, email address, geographic location, purchase history, gender, pregnancy status, parental, student, professional, credit card information and browsing habits on our site.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, enter a contest, respond to a survey, fill out any form, apply for a scholarship or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature.
When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, pregnancy status, credit card information or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
We also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfill the gift purchase.
We may process the following categories of Personal data about you
- Communication Data that includes any communication that you send to us whether that be through the contact form on our website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defense of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- Customer Data that includes data relating to any purchases of goods and/or services such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details and your card details. We process this data to supply the goods and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
- User Data that includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain back- ups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business.
- Technical Data that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyze your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- Marketing Data that includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to partake in our promotions such as sales offers, affiliate offers, free contests with give-aways, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- We may use Customer Data, User Data, Technical Data and Marketing Data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you. Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests which is to grow our business. We may also use such data to send other marketing communications to you. Our lawful ground for this processing is either consent or legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send, or by contacting us.
To the extent online chats and comments are enabled in any of our Services, the Midwife Method considers these private and we agree to maintain the privacy of all communications therein and to not copy, photograph, screenshot, or disseminate the comments of users of our platforms without your written permission except in the form of anonymous testimonials for the promotion of the Midwife Method.
We may also collect information about how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data
Tracking Cookies Data:
Cookies are files with small amounts of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
How do we use your Data?:
the Midwife Method uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, notify you about changes to our service and monitor the usage of our services
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests and quickly process transactions.
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
To personalize your site experience and allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
If you have opted-in to receive our email newsletter, free challenges, or a free ebook, we will send you educational and marketing emails.
If you have not opted-in to receive email newsletters, you will not receive these emails.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data:
the Midwife Method may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so which occurs anytime you agree to use this site and services
- The processing is in our legitimate interests
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
- For research
Retention of Data:
Transfer of Data:
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United States and process it there.
If our company is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to provide Services to you.
Disclosure of Data:
Disclosure for Law Enforcement- Under certain circumstances, the Midwife Method may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Legal Requirements- the Midwife Method may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of the Midwife Method
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data:
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Information Disclosed to Outside parties:
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below.
We do provide personally identifying information to all parties and services which assist us in operating our website and online platforms, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, such as Google Analytics and those associated with the kajabi Platform. Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
Ordering products on our site:
We will request information from you on our order forms for purchase of products. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (like name and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we’ll use this information to contact you.
Links to Other Sites:
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include links to other sites that are not operated by us. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, assume no responsibility or liability for the content, privacy policies or practices of these linked sites or services. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Your access to and control over information:
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time by pressing unsubscribe in emails of by contacting us via [email protected] or phone number given on our website with clear heading in the subject line:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
To modify your email subscriptions, you can find an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.